El Mayor, Downtown Mexico City
- Address: República de Argentina 17, Centro Histórico
- Phone: 5704 7580 and 5704 7584
- Food: Fusion Mexican-International
- Area: Downtown
- Cost: From $25 USD to $40 USD
- Service: Monday to Saturday from 9 AM to 6:30 PM. Sunday from 10 AM to 6:30 PM.
Founded by the Porrúa Brothers (Asturias, Spain), in the early XX Century, the original bookstore still stands at the street República de Argentina 17, Downtown Mexico City.
One century later, visionary Begoña Gómez Porrúa created El Mayor as part of the bookstore at the historical building, taking advantage of the beauty of the place. The terrace with the view of the Templo Mayor and the Zócalo (main square) is just amazing.
The menu is a fusion of Mexican and international food, promoting culture through gastronomy.